The goal of the program is to allow College students the opportunity for a cultural immersion while volunteering with an American business or non-profit organization. The focus of the program is travel, tourism by visiting and exploring a new city and cultural immersion through volunteering, living with Americans and participating on events and activities that introduce you to NYC.
We are currently looking for organizations that would like the opportunity to host a Volunteer student in the month of February and/or July.
Host organizations will have the opportunity to welcome a bright rising star that would like to volunteer for 4 weeks with you. Adding value and a cultural component to your office.
Students will volunteer 6 to 8 hours per day, 4 to 5 days per week depending on the organization’s needs.
Examples of tasks to which students may be assigned are:
- Greet customers / clients, including helping at a reception desk
- Assisting with programs
- Attending meetings as an observer or contributor
- Light administrative work
- Additional tasks assigned that are in alignment with the program goals
The International Student Volunteer will leave his/her volunteer experience with:
- A better sense of American communication style
- An understanding of American work culture / environment
- Improved Language Skills
Outside of the volunteer experience students will:
- Have an opportunity to tour an American city
- Meet and interact with local American residents
- Participate in planned social activities to introduce American culture
For more information on our Volunteer Cultural Immersion Program or to become a Volunteer Host Organization please contact:
Shari Day – 203-984-2574 – Shari@LifExchangellc.com